Every child is special. One has his right to freedom of doing activities, learning nature, and expressing himself. Respect for a child can boost these activities and can handle the very sensitive period well enough for the optimum use of the absorbent mind of this phase. With mixed-age groupings of the children, each individual has his own pace and spirit for learning and behaving in the environment. So, the curriculum areas are to be well planned as per the Montessori materials and principles. We, at Liverpool Montessori, have managed and prepared the materials and curricula and have trained the teachers in the same way to take care of, support, and mentor every child to adopt and perform his best for his formal schooling.
The child between 3-5 of age is enrolled in Montessori (can be called as Early Childhood Development Centre, ECDC or Pre-School) for 2-3 years. They are encouraged to: ‘Learning to know’, ‘Learning to do’, ‘Learning to be’ and ‘Learning to live together’ with the help of songs, dance, games and plays. This level has been divided into two:
- Beginner Level: Play Group (Year 1, Duration: 3-6 months) or Foundation (Year 1, Duration: 9-12 months) With the help of songs, dance, games and sports, children are encouraged to be socially, emotionally, physically, mentally and morally fit to be in groups and society. Hands and eye coordination, exposure to English and Nepali alphabets, numbers are enforced. Children are rather positive reinforced for teachers and schools. No workload, heavy assignment and tests are imposed. Children are left free for drawing lines, shapes, colour, etc.
- Pre-I (Year 2) and Pre- II (Year 3)
This level is well exposed to letters and words. So, they start recognizing alphabets/ letters and numbers. They are encouraged to write and read them as well for pleasure. Apart from some practice of Language- English and Nepali, Math, Surroundings, and Society, they are exposed to honor the individual, maintain health and hygiene, and offer greetings to each other.
- Basic soft-skills learning- 12 Credit hour
- Social, cultural, moral
- Mental/ intellectual
- Health, Nutrition, security, environment
- Subjective learning skills – 6 Credit hour
- Reading, writing, and Creativity
- Play station
- AV Hall
- Montessori Lab
- Activities area
- Additional Language Provision Library